Personal information: The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, billing address and telephone number;
- your credit card or other payment details (through our third party payment processor);
- details of products and customer services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- any preferences and/or opinions which you provide to us;
- any information you provide to us, including through customer surveys;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behavior;
- information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to order our products and access and use our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you about our products and Services;
- for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our products, Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services to us, including (without limitation) ecommerce software (currently Shopify), our payment processors, our deliver and order management providers (currently AfterShip) our third party logistics providers, marketing or advertising providers and professional advisors;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia and the EU; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia and the EU.
Where the disclosure of your personal information is solely subject to Australian privacy laws, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any such third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, sexual practices or sex life, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Generally we do not collect sensitive information about you. However, if we collect sensitive information, provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes directly relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorized by law.
Our commitment to you
Your personal information will:
- be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner by us;
- only be collected for the specific purposes we have identified in the ‘collection and use of personal information’ clause above and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes we have identified;
- be collected in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal information is processed;
- be kept up to date, where it is possible and within our control to do so (please let us know if you would like us to correct any of your personal information);
- be kept in a form which permits us to identify you, but only for so long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal information was collected; and
- be processed securely and in a way that protects against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. You also have the right to contact the relevant authority in the country in which you are based.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
We may use web beacons on our online Services from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behavior and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Address: Building 34,#59 Shixiang Road, Hangzhou, China
Work hours: Monday - Friday: 9AM - 6PM
APPENDIX 1 – ADDITIONAL RIGHTS FOR INDIVIDUALS LOCATED IN THE EU
What personal information is relevant?
How we process personal information
We will process your personal information for our legitimate interest to allow you to access and use our website, to send you marketing content we think may be of interest to you, to contact you if you leave your contact details with us or if you otherwise initiate contact with us.
We will rely on performing a contract to process your personal information where we are preparing to enter into a contract with you or we are carrying out our obligations under a contract with you, such as where you order a product from us.
We will rely on a legal obligation to process your personal information where we are subject to a legal obligation, such as for compliance with our tax obligations.
If we need to rely on consent, we will ask for consent to process any of your personal information for that specific purpose before we process your personal information for that reason. If you are under 16 years of age, we will seek your parent or legal guardian’s consent to process your personal information for that specific purpose.
The list of third parties we use to process your personal information is set out on our website.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see ‘access, erasure and data portability’ below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for analytics, research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this anonymized information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Extra rights for EU individuals
Objecting to processing: You have the right to object to processing of your personal information that is based on our legitimate interests or public interest. If this is done, we must provide compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms, in order to proceed with the processing of your personal information.
Restricting processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information if (i) you are concerned about the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) you believe your personal information has been unlawfully processed; (iii) you need us to maintain the personal information solely for the purpose of a legal claim; or (iv) we are in the process of considering your objection in relation to processing on the basis of legitimate interests.
Access, erasure and data portability: You may have the right to request access to and details of the personal information we hold about you, or to request that we erase the personal information we hold about you, or that we transfer this information to a third party.
Rectification: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
HOW TO STOP RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
To stop receiving email correspondence from us, simply click on the link in the email communication to unsubscribe.
To stop receiving the SMS communications from us reply to any SMS with the word 'STOP".
To remove your details from any of our marketing and communication databases simply email to firstname.lastname@example.org.